D + P design solutions result from a collaborative process that encourages our multidisciplinary teams to research alternatives, share knowledge and imagine new ways to solve the challenges of our built environment.
Our architecture responds to the needs and aspirations of our clients and communities. We give form and meaning to rooms, buildings and landscapes — always balancing internal functions with external demands of site, climate and culture.
We design interior spaces that improve collaboration, inspire occupants and attract the best employees.
D + P s interior design teams study a client’s business drivers and culture and create space that helps them flourish.
Great interior space has extraordinary effects on our wellness and productivity. D + P’s design solutions use space, colour, materials, energy and light as tools to create healthy environments that enhance performance.
Graphics + Branding
Great brands connect. It takes a thoughtfully designed strategy to develop communication programs and branded environments that define, inspire and engage consumers.
Experiential graphic design integrates traditional design tools such as typography, imagery, color, and pattern to produce wayfinding systems, architectural graphics, and artwork, thereby creating environments and experiences that inform, delight, and inspire users.
At D + P, we provide the means to create visually-rich, storytelling experiences through graphic design that help shape behaviors.
Brand Design Service Areas:
Strategic Brand Development
Visual Identity & Communications Design
Environmental & Experiential Design
Design + Construction
The Design-Build system of project delivery has many advantages over the traditional
system where an owner hires an architect for design, and a builder for the construction.
Architect Led Design Build is an agile process in which the same people are responsible for an entire building project. Our architects are also construction managers, meaning feedback between method of construction and design is fluid and responsive.
The traditional method these are all independent people running independent businesses, and the coordination of them and the overall performance and progress of the project is very challenging, and often long and tortuous.
The roots of the Design-Build system of project delivery come from the nineteenth century
figure of the Master Builder, who were the few who had the highest respect from their peers and clients, due to their mastery and knowledge.
Design-Build has been gaining more and more believers and clients and project owners are understanding and enjoying the
benefits that this systems brings to them.
Building Information modeling(BIM)
The Value of BIM for Owners:
Save Time and Money During the Building Lifecycle.
Using BIM, owners can:
Improve building quality.
Significantly reduce building lifecycle costs.
Better understand design projects from beginning to end.
Optimize operational efficiencies.
Increase occupancy and use rates.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Visualizing a New Life for the Retail, Hotel and Workplace Sectors – transforming Assets with Virtual Reality
We are using virtual reality technology to explain the transformation of existing buildings and spaces to our clients and stakeholders. Creating immersive, three-dimensional, virtual models provides a time machine for our clients to travel to a hypothetical future version of their building.
It’s no longer a blurry sketch, a great rendering and trusting our word — our clients can navigate through a virtual world to see the new designs with their own eyes, viscerally understanding scale as it relates to their bodies.
Using virtual reality in the architectural renovation of an existing Retail, Hotel or Office project allows us to:
See a new business in context and evaluate their storefront, signage and brand’s presence.
Set the perfect ceiling height by standing in a space before it is built.
Walk a contractor through a project before he or she starts demolition so that the construction process is more déjà vu than discovery.
Enable a client to click a button and see all design options while sitting in a sample chair to assess the comfort level while immersed.
Visually show the impact of a proposed lighting value engineering effort beyond the numbers on a spreadsheet.
Visually show the impact of the interior space planning by walking through the space and show how customers or employees will walk through the space.
It’s a great tool for communicating to everybody, whether they understand architectural drawings or not. Practically nobody can understand architectural drawings, and even 3D visualizations are a stretch for most. But everybody gets VR instinctively. You can get to the point very quickly. It either sells or kills the project right away, which saves time for everyone.
LEED – Services
Business Benefits of Green Building
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building, community and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings. LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement.
Green building is cost-effective
- Upfront investment in green building makes properties more valuable, with an average expected increase in value of 4 percent. By virtue of lowered maintenance and energy costs the return on investment from green building is rapid: green retrofit projects are generally expected to pay for itself in just seven years.
- Green buildings reduce day-to-day costs year-over-year. LEED buildings report almost 20 percent lower maintenance costs than typical commercial buildings, and green building retrofit projects typically decrease operation costs by almost 10 percent in just one year.
LEED buildings perform better and are internationally acclaimed
- LEED is the international standard of excellence in green building, with more than 91,700 LEED projects in 167 countries and territories.
- LEED projects are getting results across the board, scoring an average ENERGY STAR score of 89 points out of a possible 100. In a study of 7,100 certified construction projects, more than 90 percent were improving energy performance by at least 10 percent.
Green buildings use natural resources efficiently, lowering both utility bills and impact on the environment
- Buildings are positioned to have an enormous impact on the environment and climate change. At 41 percent of total U.S. energy consumption, buildings out-consume the industrial (30 percent) and transportation (29 percent) sectors.
- Buildings use about 14 percent of all potable water (15 trillion gallons per year), but water-efficiency efforts in green buildings are expected to reduce water use by 15 percent and save more than 10 percent in operating costs. 9, 10 Retrofitting one out of every 100 American homes with water-efficient fixtures could avoid about 80,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions, which is the equivalent of removing 15,000 cars from the road for one year.